Friday, August 1, 2008

Dad's new alarm system

Dad and I were watching T.V. together when I came up to take care of him while his ankle was broken. Then the doorbell rang and I answered. It was a guy who wanted to tak with dad. I told him that dad was on crutches. He told me to tell dad that he wasn't a sales guy. I told dad. The guy came in and said that he works for an alarm company as an advertiser (When he said that, I was so excited because as you all know, I am "Button Boy"). The alarm guy offered dad a sale and dad got to save $2000! Dad was thinking and I was exploding inside! I couldn't hold it in anymore. I kept telling dad that he should and I was begging him. He finally said yes and I about died! I was jumping up and down from the chair when the installer guy came. While he installed the alarm system, dad was watching stargate. Stargate is my favorite show. I was watching the installer guy and dad told me to come watch stargate with him. I thought to myself, "Self, I love stargate, but when it comes to alarms and buttons, I would say alarms over stargate". I said "Dad, I would rather watch the alarm guy than watch stargate with you". Dad was shocked because he knew that I loved stargate. He said "okay" sarcastically. Then after the installer guy was done and he left, I said very honestly "Dad, you have made the right decision" with this glitter in my eye and dad said my face was like glowing.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Tyler! I was laughing so hard as I read your blog! You are too funny. I could just see your face glowing and feel your excitment. I am sure you not only learned a lot but I bet you enjoyed every minute. You are a sweetheart! I love ya!